Logistics Operator II (Forklift) – Full-Time (1st Shift)- job post Coca Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated La Vergne, TN
Requisition ID: 10234
Posting Locations: La Vergne
Logistics Operator II (Forklift) – Full-Time (1st Shift)
REFRESH your career by joining our exceptional team! Coca-Cola Consolidated, the largest bottler in the U.S., is looking for a Full-Time Logistics Operator II (Forklift)!
Things you should know about working as a Full-Time Logistics Operator II (Forklift):
SCHEDULE: 1st shift – 8:45 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday; rotating days; weekends and holidays required based on business needs.
What does a Logistics Operator II (Forklift) do exactly? They operate select material handling equipment (Pallet Jacks, Forklifts) within the warehouse walls to move and shift products and build customer orders. All customer orders are loaded onto our delivery trucks to be delivered in-store. Our Logistics Operator IIs (Order Builder-Forklift) are key components in providing excellent service to our customers and in getting our variety of products in the hands of our consumers.
What would success look like?
- Safety comes first. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments which means striving for 100% adherence to the rules
- Quality product is our priority. Keep an eye on product age and repackaging
- Assist with daily housekeeping and maintenance of the warehouse and other material handling equipment
- Ensure paperwork is completed appropriately and handled accurately
- We work fast and lift to 50 lbs. of product safely and repetitively
- All hands-on deck! You can expect to perform miscellaneous activities as directed by your manager to efficiently support the warehouse operation
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Accurately build orders on a repetitive basis
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Follow appropriate food handling, safety, and sanitation standards
- Share in our purpose – to serve others, to pursue excellence, and to grow profitably
- Ability to operate a computer, a hand-held inventory control device, and calculators
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand English and to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Willingness to operate warehouse material handling equipment (i.e. forklifts, walk behind / riding pallet jacks)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while meeting productivity and quality expectations
- Proven history or ability to demonstrate safe and responsible behavior with a positive performance record (including attendance)
- Must be self-motivated, respectful, positive, team-oriented and maintain a high degree of integrity
Physical Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to lift approximately up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stand, lift, and perform physical labor for multiple hours at a time
- Safely operate material handling equipment
- Ability to work in warehouse environment which may not be air-conditioned
Other Jobs Listed by the Company