Seasonal Operator- job post General Mills Murfreesboro, TN 37127
Posted in February 17, 2021
$16.50 an hour
Full Job Description
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. These safety precautions also include limiting the onsite workforce to production essential workers. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Due to our automated system and software, please use an active email address when creating your login profile and screen your spam and junk mail, as our emails tend to be placed in those mailboxes.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee’s responsibility to fully support this vision. Operators are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of various processing and packaging equipment throughout the facility.
The General Mills-Murfreesboro plant operates 24 hours per day 7 days per week. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Operators must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
The wage for a Seasonal Operator position is $16.50/hr. General Mills also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift ($0.50/hr for 2nd shift and $1.00/hr for 3rd shift). Seasonal Operators have a seasonal period of 4 to 9 months and there are no benefits offered with these positions.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Follow standard operating procedures to operate various pieces of high speed and/or high tech processing and packaging equipment
- Troubleshoot problems with machinery and partner with maintenance staff to resolve issues
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specifications
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment
- Perform change overs and End of Run cleans including disassembly and reassembly of necessary equipment
- Be responsible for executing all required HACCP/Quality processes and documentation
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in equipment operation
- Perform preventative and breakdown maintenance
- Remove and replace motors, starters, belts, bearings, chains and other manufacturing parts
- Operate forklift equipment safely to move materials and product throughout the plant
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Assists in training new employees
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- High School Diploma or GED
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs as required by the position
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms.
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net and gloves when required
- Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
- Willing to work around industrial high speed moving machinery
- Ability to work at a tobacco-free site, except for designated areas
- 6 months of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated leadership ability
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company